This week, we will:
- Continue to set up our reporting blog with co-authoring permissions
- Identify the preferred blogging platform (e.g. Wordpress, Tumblr, Blogger, etc.)
- Identify the name of your semester-long blog
- Prepare a branded logo and theme/design for your blog
- Review and discuss "traditional" journalism standards vs. blogging
- Begin work on your first reporting assignment
- Read the following chapters:
- 2: Selecting and Reporting the News
- 10: Quotations and Attributions
- 11: Interviewing
- 17: Feature Writing
ASWSUE EVENT & ELECTIONS:
Don't forget this week's free ASWSUE BBQ event, held Thursday at 3 p.m. If you are planning to attend, please RSVP now so we can order food for you!
Also, have you voted yet for the next ASWSUE elections? Any WSU Everett student is eligible to vote this week. This is your chance to elect student representatives that will help represent your interests for WSU Everett.