You will be able to complete this test at home but your responses must be submitted to me via e-mail by midnight at the end of Mon., May 5. Please e-mail your electronic responses to BAtwood@wsu.edu.
1. Throughout the semester, we've looked at several different examples of tools, technologies and techniques for storytelling on the Web. Use this knowledge to construct a brief analysis of how The Daily Evergreen, which is the website for WSU's daily newspaper, is staying competitive through use of "Web 2.0" technologies and social media. The site underwent a design overhaul in mid-2013 and released a mobile app shortly thereafter.
- a. What specific Web 2.0 and social media technologies are already in place and how are they being used? Are they effective?
- b. How does embracing Web 2.0 tactics help the site/paper stay competitive?
- c. What other things can/should the site/paper be doing? Why?
2. Thinking about your team blog, please share your thoughts on specific strategies that you and/or your team used (or should have used) to improve its organic search rankings in Google and other search engines.
- How is your team's blog doing in organic search on Google?
- What, if any, specific techniques and tactics did your team use?
- What other things might you do to help with your search engine optimization and presence?
- Please provide specific examples that are applicable to your team's project.